User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: WK25- CONTENDERMATCH: Kill Spree (7-4) vs Meks (2-0)(OPEN FOR VOTES)

Battle Record
    141-67
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion VBL Champion Golden Glove Champion 100+ Wins

WK25- CONTENDERMATCH: Kill Spree (7-4) vs Meks (2-0)(OPEN FOR VOTES)

Regular Battle
    Punches due NO DUE DATES
    Voting ends on NO DUE DATES

Rebuttal Option

both competitors must agree to it at time of check-in
    format is A, B, B, A (A posts first, B drops next, B posts follow-up, A drops final bar)

You have 24hrs from when battle was set to agree on rebuttal battle

You know the rules, if not, refer to the rule thread.

First to 4 wins
    3-0 is a KO

@Spree
    @Meks.
    Last edited by miracle; June 9th, 2024 at 12:52 AM

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Re: WK25- CONTENDERMATCH: Kill Spree (7-4) vs Meks (2-0)

Check

Battle Record
    115-57
    Awards VBL Champion 100+ Wins

Check

Battle Record
    115-57
    Awards VBL Champion 100+ Wins

Just the nerd you're inclined ta be, what's worse is your tryin' me
    Cuz let's be real, the only spree that people fear is of the murder variety

Battle Record
    141-67
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion VBL Champion Golden Glove Champion 100+ Wins

@Spree waiting on you turtle bird

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Sum1 mentioned Meks was on FB selling shit for his drug problem.

What rhymes W/Meks? FET… who sellin this dummy smack?
    You use to be tough but now when you catch a front?..sum1 ain’t gettin their money back

Blah

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Re: WK25- CONTENDERMATCH: Kill Spree (7-4) vs Meks (2-0)(OPEN FOR VOTES)

I think meks was pretty un creative here kill spree - murder is too obvious for me. Spree came okay, no idea if what he said is true or he’s just made it up to be personal but I think either way his punch was just better overall.

V/spree

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-4

tough
    Both came stronger
    Meks a lil more complex to spree

vote-meks

You've Earned a Custom Title! FaQEyeReddit's Avatar

Save some time my v is meks

Ok I have a lot of free time now and a few cigs let’s do a decent breakdown not too deep but appropriate to show appreciation for a great matchup..

Now without looking at other votes this is my thoughts if I missed anything or overthought things I apologize in advance:

To save you from the extra reading my vote eventually goes to meks continue for my breakdown if needed

Meks:
    Just the nerd you're inclined ta be, what's worse is your tryin' me
Cuz let's be real, the only spree that people fear is of the murder variety
    Breakdown:

Wordplay: The line "Just the nerd you're inclined ta be" uses a straightforward insult
    its Delivery: is clear and direct, creating a strong setup and punchline.

The setup and Metaphors: There’s a slight set up and metaphor in comparing sprees, supposed lack of fear, suggesting qualities to a “murder spree.” Of maybe a school shooter.

The over all Punchlines: The punchline is "the only spree that people fear is of the murder variety," suggests that sprees attempts at intimidation are laughable compared to a real threat. Which in today’s world is what goes unnoticed in a school shooter.

A little of a reach or deeper insight the line and yet you’re trying me after calling him a nerd can potentially be used in the context of simply put “you’re a nerd yet you’re trying mechanisms (Meks) to invoke fear to people of a murder spree that is laughable because you’re visually not a capable person in this variety.

The bar is easy to read and understand.
    The flow is smooth with a consistent rhythm.

I’ll take out any of my reaches and judge from the lense of text battling and not over think it- so strong wordplay strong flow and rhythm and overall a imo above average delivery of a decent punchline. The bar for me hangs on the statement of calling spree a weak nerd that can’t commit the murder spree that he is insinuating that he can.

8/10

Now spree

Spree:
    Sum1 mentioned Meks was on FB selling shit for his drug problem.

What rhymes W/Meks? FET… who sellin this dummy smack?
You use to be tough but now when you catch a front?..sum1 ain’t gettin their money back

Wordplay: There is a play on the word “Meks” with “FET” def referring to the drug Fentanyl which is sometimes referred to as “fetty wap” or “Fet” where I’m from

Delivery: The delivery here includes some conversational tone with questions and a slight narrative. Many times I do this and it’s usually not well received however here for me it was understandable

Metaphors: The metaphor of selling drugs selling shit for his drug problem and the implication of failing to pay back drug has some depth.

Punchlines: The punchline is "when you catch a front?..sum1 ain’t gettin their money back," indicating that Meks can’t be trusted to pay back loans.

Front - lines or front drugs I don’t wanna over do it here but I kinda think of spree said front lines like “get front lines then - etc” I kinda feel like that could have worked for me eh anyways.

Readability: Slightly less smooth due to the use of - Sum1" instead of "someone"), which can disrupt the reading flow I guess

Understanding: The meaning is relatively clear but might require some street knowledge to fully appreciate the nuances and frankly in a bar from my current understanding should encompass all the reader needs without looking up anything after the fact or during the reading.

Flow: The flow is slightly choppier due to the breaks and the use of shorten words however I honestly don’t gf if I get it then that’s what matters but I do need to be aware that text battling is more nuanced than I initially thought so I’ll have to deduct a little off this

Comparison-
    Wordplay: Spree uses more unknown wordplay to every reader with the reference to "FET" and drugs etc while Meks keeps it simpler.

Delivery: Meks has a smoother, more direct delivery while Spree's conversational style adds some complexity but kinda making it choppy for a reader.

Metaphors: both has rely on metaphors but more so spree his bar is fairly more metaphorical in comparison.

Punchlines: Both have strong punchlines, but Meks’ is more universally understandable.

Readability: Meks is easier to read, while Spree's short words street knowledge and quotational marks can disrupt the flow.

Understanding: Meks’ meaning is clear and accessible, while Spree’s might require additional context.

7.8ish/10

Conclusion-
    Based on wordplay, delivery, metaphors, punchlines, readability, understanding, and flow, Meks has the edge due to the clarity and smoothness of his delivery, as well as the universally understandable punchline. Spree’s bars are creative and have strong wordplay and metaphors, but they are slightly less accessible due to readability and flow issues.

However even if I were to disregard and just go off of my personal knowledge I want to say meks takes this. His punch was straightforward and persuasively made me feel like spree was actually a nerd who try’s to intimidate because murder sprees are currently the only thing ppl fear these days..
    We’re as spree although creative more so suggests that meks is a crack head selling shit on fb marketplace for fentanyl products.

V/meks
    Last edited by FaQEyeReddit; June 18th, 2024 at 12:36 AM
    FAQ - pronounced fack…
    Eye or E.Y.E - divination (seek knowledge using computers)
    Reddit- A web “sight” with frequent asked and answered questions.
    it should read Fa, Q, I read it for kicks

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Meks bar landed & did everything OK but sorry bro the punch was a bit plain & run of the mill, although te hnically sound.

Spree's punch felt fresher & fair play on the PI work to get an angle. Cut deeper with the punch & got the w.

Vote Spree