Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Onyx - "Slam Harder" (Remix)

Onyx - "Slam Harder" (Remix)

I composed an entirely new beat and mixed it with an acapella track of Onyx's classic song "Slam Harder". They actually ended up hearing this and sent me an e-mail saying they liked it, and they put the video up on their website.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jwEub44UaAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jwEub44UaAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
    If you'd like to trip out to some audible chaos... otherwise considered trip-hop...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also known as 'J-Haz'

Re: Onyx - "Slam Harder" (Remix)

thats tight they recognized this,

but yeah it sounds nice, kinda got an old school feel with a new school vibe. the vocals on the first verse might be a little low. but it might just be me, just sound a little hard to hear.

i love the hook though

anyways this is a nice remix, didn't expect that.

keep at it, rtf? http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...026/index.html
    Download the newEST mixtape!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Last Remix
    [SOUNDCLICK]10858967[/SOUNDCLICK]

PEACE! .. real dope that onyx heard this and gave it respekt. cutz was nice, beats definetly dope n got step to it, the horn that was there for a second was ill haha.. Overall the blend it self felt pretty damn official and thats is probably why they chose it, good for sun!

ONE
    BDZ

Thanks for the feedback. I think they liked it because their original version was a much less serious song. The sample was much more upbeat and it was meant to be more of a party track. I listened to it again and I noticed that their lyrics had a different meaning now that time has passed and more garbage mainstream pop music is being released as "hip-hop". What they were joking about in the 1990s is now true in the 2010s. I went with a darker, jazzier and more organic tone, combined with an intense pace and beat.
    If you'd like to trip out to some audible chaos... otherwise considered trip-hop...

Battle Record
    8-2

closed..

please read the forum rules, and when you understand them..PM me and will re-open your thread so you can make the proper adjustments..