User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: WK06: Championship Tournament: MV (5-2) vs. Allen Knight (4-1) (Allen Knight Wins)

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

WK06: Championship Tournament: MV (5-2) vs. Allen Knight (4-1) (Allen Knight Wins)

Regular Battle
    Punches due NO DUE DATES
    Voting ends on NO DUE DATES

Rebuttal Option

both competitors must agree to it at time of check-in
    format is A, B, B, A (A posts first, B drops next, B posts follow-up, A drops final bar)

You have 24hrs from when battle was set to agree on rebuttal battle

You know the rules, if not, refer to the rule thread.

@MV
    @Allen Knight

Battle Record
    60-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

Re: WK06: Championship Tournament: MV (5-2) vs. Allen Knight (4-1)

ready when you are

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    31-11
    Awards 25+ Wins Key Tourney Champion - Key Tourney 2 champ LLL Champion LLL HOF

Check.
    Name plays on me are old.
    Legion Of Legends

Battle Record
    60-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

ill drop when i get home tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    60-22

bullets'll get lodged under the flesh, in ya face, neck, spine, and chest
    all the bumps in the knight are from the Demon trying to put you to rest

Battle Record
    31-11
    Awards 25+ Wins Key Tourney Champion - Key Tourney 2 champ LLL Champion LLL HOF

Ur hoes not a dime, she a call girl...ugly doin dope & dick, she's smokin & shit
    Is that what u think a Tennis? her slutty actions left everyone in the US Open to hit
    Name plays on me are old.
    Legion Of Legends

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Re: WK06: Championship Tournament: MV (5-2) vs. Allen Knight (4-1) (OPEN FOR VOTES)

MV had a small misstep with the "bumps in the knight". I get the wordplay here, and it's actually pretty funny, but "the knight" is what I'm caught up on. I wouldn't refer to Allen as "the knight". But it was difficult because if you lose that phraseology then the wordplay doesn't come off the way it's intended. I liked the entire bar except that. Perhaps I'm being overcritical. AK had a big misstep for me. The entire punch felt longbar to me, and I have a personal bias, which is I do not like longbar at all. I can deal with the tennis/US Open flip variant, that's fine, I have no problem with flips. As long as its something I really haven't seen executed better. But I thought the entire "she's smokin and shit" could have been excluded and it would have come off great anyways. Longbar just has too many layers for me as a reader, where I need to get to the punchline as quick as possible (without sacrificing the build in process) for it to have an effect on me.

v - MV
    Last edited by Wuxia; September 10th, 2023 at 02:05 AM

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Re: WK06: Championship Tournament: MV (5-2) vs. Allen Knight (4-1) (OPEN FOR VOTES)

Actually a close battle I rate both bars. When reading AKs and come across the tennis wordplay I thought this is gonna be pretty basic by his standard but the US open bit I really rated and turned from what I though was gonna be an average bar into a pretty decent one. Bumps in the night I liked too and was worded really well, MV came good and not his wall of horrotext MV but I felt like night wasn’t the most creative nameplay on AK so purely based off that I’m gonna go AK but I really enjoyed this battle props to both
    V/AK

I could be wrong but this is like the 3rd or 4th "fuck your chick" bar I've read from AK this season, or at the very least it's back to back, regardless it's getting stale for me even though he had 2 great wordplays. MV was solid here and benefits from AK's redundancy. I got MV.

Battle Record
    1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Preston and Ivy View Post
    I could be wrong but this is like the 3rd or 4th "fuck your chick" bar I've read from AK this season, or at the very least it's back to back, regardless it's getting stale for me even though he had 2 great wordplays. MV was solid here and benefits from AK's redundancy. I got MV.
    He talks about girls all the time. I noticed that, too. I want to give him a pass but it kind of irks me that he's so disrespectful towards women. He's fucking everybody's girlfriend and insulting them without any care for the impact he has on their relationship. I'm going with MV because I like the festive mood of Halloween with it getting dark and spooky outside.

ak was generic af right now with tennis/us open but yo i wasnt feelin mv's bumps in the knight shit at all fr mvgt-ak

You've Earned a Custom Title! Smog's Avatar
    Battle Record
    66-52
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 25+ Wins FL Champion 1-2 Season Champion

MV was a dope bar but we don’t call him the knight so it ruined it for me, AK set up seemed a little long winded but overall was decent. Being that the knight ruined MV’s bar for me I gotta go with Ak

Battle Record
    14-14

AKs was definitely long, punch was good tho
    Demons was fire but didn’t like how he ended it
    Who had better execution? I gotta go with AK slightly here.

Battle Record
    112-23
    Awards FL Tag Champion AOTW 100+ Wins SAP Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Season Champion LLL Champion OM HOF

MV had a cool bump in the night joint that I didn't think was executed too well.. felt like it just missed the mark to me. Allens joint was cool tho, a bit wordy but I fucks with the concept overall.

v/AK
    カミノコトバ

Battle Record
    32-6

5-3 AK wins