User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Black Wall Street Journal Vol 1

Epic Failure
    Battle Record
    11-0

Black Wall Street Journal Vol 1

Fresh out off the fire from the on going war with G-Unit and who ever else The Game felt like going at it with, life goes on for Compton’s troublesome son. The Game is back and he’s brought friends, an army he’s been building for a while is now complete. Welcome boys and girls to the world of Black Wall Street. A click made up of West Coast emcees ready and eager to show the world they’re ready to step up to the plate and let their voices be heard.

The mixtape starts with the flipped sample that you’ll recognize from a Saigon track that was called “Out There”. Black Wall Street’s version called “We Out There” features the whole gang including a female singer named Li that sounded oddly enough like Lil Mo. Game starts off the track stating that Hip-Hop was in a state of 911, a sentiment that’s seems to be increasing growing. But Game should be careful with his wording before the president of Def Jam feels the need to make clear whose boss, after hearing him say “you rap ni**as is stupid, never heard of a martyr/ couldn’t tell the difference between a Hurricane shoe and a S. Carter”. Ya Boy steps into the ring of fire with words that pretty much display the mindset of this newly formed squad, “last year I was on the block taking powder naps/ now I’m in the rap game, and I’ma devour that”.

Of course the recently released street single “One Blood” makes its appearance to make fans a little more eager for his sophomore album 'The Doctor’s Advocate'. But the more interesting track is “Be Easy” remix, where they jacked G-Unit’s newest solider Hot Rod’s single. Juice who has a nice flow comes and does his thing, but the funny thing about the new signed artist is, not only is he from the same place as Hot Rod but they both sound pretty much the same. Ya Boy delivers a rather plain 16 with a slight brush off diss to Hot Rod when he says, “we like your little single, now watch it get flipped.” But it’s The Game that really comes out and takes swings at his former camp once again initiating the long dragging beef. “And Mary J knows I’m rapping on your single/ how you in the Fast Lane, driving a Durango/ I would call out names, you ni**as lame tho/ 20 man roster, 20 ni**as that can’t blow/ and your boss flow older than Kango’s/ somebody please hand this old ni**a a cain yo” guess he’s feeling finally free since he’s now at Geffen, so he’s throwing shots again.

This mixtape is obliviously Games attempted to introduce the new line up to the world and he certainly lets you get to know them. Picking up from his boss’s mentality of keeping the beef moving. Juice lashes out on the third verse of “Who Got The Juice” a solo joint with Game on the hook. First presenting his cockiness by saying “word to easy, pass me a light/ I’m 5 mics plus 1/ and that’s a classic ight” whoa slow down little solider you just got your foot in the game. While in my personal opinion for you to have a record deal and diss someone about their myspace is an automatic self lost, Juice proceeds to spit “you a myspace gangsta/ profile looks cheesy ni**a/ everything you got is mine, believe me ni**a/ I’m in your friend list stealing all your breezy’s ni**a/” no sir that’s a no-no.

In another case of "damn that voice sounds kind of familiar", the Cyssero and Clyde Carson track “Hustla” featuring everybody's favorite squealing goat Akon (man I‘m burning bridges). Both bring the heat to the furnace of the beat, but you can’t help noticing how much Clyde’s voice sounds like a mixture of Proof and 50 Cent. On "Back To Back", Game and Jay Felony sound like they just stepped into a both, spit a few rhymes and had Dj Skee add the instrumental later.

In other words the mixtape isn’t without its flaws but tracks like “What’s Beef” where Game makes an assertion that Shyne is down with the Black Wall Street and Ya Boy’s “100 Bars of Crack” truly make up for it. On “Lights, Camera, Action” Chuck Taylor lets the world know the pride of his shoes saying “my shoe outsold Jordan, outsold Reebox”. Then again sings his pride on “Hurricanes” a song dedicated to his new shoe line. "The Cipha" is probably one of the best tracks were they all get together and created the vibe of chilling on the corner kicking dope rhymes. Ya Boy has a stand out verse where he lets his aggression cut loose “not gone lie this whole f*cking industry is wack/ like I gotta know how to snap, just to get up on the map/ Cipha Sounds was dissin’ me on Shade 45/ when I see him I’m a show him how to play with a 4-5” Everyone
    brought there "A" game and on his 2nd verse Game took another swipe at the Unit “snoop gave me the torch/ I lit your ass on fire/ I like your lil single, but I can take you higher..I’m number one come kill me so I can ask 2Pac.”

Of course the mixtape wasn’t flawless. Chuck Taylor has put together some fire and is letting the world see his vision and know that Black Wall Street is here to stay. While the endless dissing can be annoying to some, to me it’s a fun thing I can’t lie. The mixtape is well put together and shows that these guys aren’t just a bunch of toy soldiers but can hold their own. The one-man war against G-Unit has now taking a new twist, the Game has brought his own army and is ready to rumble. Yes sir boys and girls this just might be getting ugly.
    T H E D I E N A S T Y

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    50-5
    Nice review. Game is going to diss all his life?

Epic Failure
    Battle Record
    11-0
    nah game tried to end the beef like a while ago but 50 sparked it back up with that lil stripper cover. so game probably said fuck it he wants war he gunna get war.
    T H E D I E N A S T Y

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-2
    nice review i got the tape and it ses that the girl on the first track is lil mo
    Can't Touch The Messiah.

Epic Failure
    Battle Record
    11-0
    yuh she finally making a comeback
    T H E D I E N A S T Y

Words Stated
    Battle Record
    31-33
    GaME is what he is.

Epic Failure
    Battle Record
    11-0
    what is that
    T H E D I E N A S T Y

Words Stated
    Battle Record
    31-33
    a GAME!